Being overweight puts stress on your cardiovascular system, increasing your risk of heart disease. Taking as little as 15 minutes a day to find your zen can have significant health benefits, and may even extend your life. Having a furry-friend leads to decreased stress, increased immunity, and a lessened risk of heart disease.
Plus, a set of calm nerves, said she, “That’s why they call me Calment.” But you don’t have to be a marathoner to enjoy the life-extending benefits of running. People who have a social network — as in real-life friends, family or other community — have a tendency to live longer.
Standards For Major Elements For Healthcare
Swapping out your steaks for healthy proteins, like fish, may help to increase longevity. It also found that, after the age of 25, every hour of television watched decreases life expectancy by 22 minutes. A 2008 study found that people who watch six hours of television per day will likely die an average of 4.8 years earlier than those who don’t. Stress causes your body to release a hormone called cortisol. At high levels, this hormone can increase blood pressure and cause storage of abdominal fat, both of which can lead to an increased risk of heart disease.
While it’s not for everyone, a study from the University of Texas at Austin found that mortality rates were highest for those who never drank, lower for heavy drinkers, and lowest for moderate drinkers who enjoyed one to three drinks per day. Greens are one of the best foods to eat regularly; they are rich in fiber and offer numerous vitamins, minerals, and plant-based compounds that are thought to help protect the body from heart disease, diabetes and possibly even cancer.
Options For Rapid Products Of Health News
- Families that once might have had one “oldest old” relative find themselves with three or four, all expecting care or money.
- A future in which large numbers of very old, incapacitated people stare into the distance as robot attendants click and hum would be a bad science-fiction movie if it didn’t stand a serious chance of happening.
- Foxconn, the Asian electronics giant, is manufacturing for the Japanese market a creepy mechanized thing named Pepper that is intended to provide company for the elderly.
- At the same time, traditional family trees are being replaced with diagrams that resemble maps of the London Underground.
- With Japan at the leading edge of lengthening life expectancy, its interest in robotics can be eerie.
- As longevity increases, so too does the number of living grandparents.
The world record for the longest confirmed human lifespan belongs to French supercentenarian, Jean Calment, who lived for 122 years and 164 days. She ascribed it to a diet rich in olive oil, port wine and two pounds sudden hair loss of chocolate every week!
One study found that widows, for example, live longer that widowers and still-married women because of the social bonds they form with other women. According to The Longevity Project, men who got and stayed married were likely to live beyond age 70, but less than one-third of divorced men made it to that age. Researchers in Sweden found that singing improved heart health. More research is being conducted at the University of California San Francisco to determine if singing can lead to a longer, healthier life.
If you’ve previously had a heart attack or stroke — or have diabetes — taking aspirin every day may extend your life. Research from Harvard found that in the two hours following an angry outburst, a person’s risk for a heart attack shot up nearly five times and the risk of stroke was increased more than three times.
Picking Out Swift Products In Healthcare
Long-term exposure to air pollution is linked to increase risks of premature death. In fact, studies have linked 1 in 8 deaths worldwide to dirty air.